Marketing email writing tips: Sometimes when you have written an email for your RocketResponder subscribers, you may have a nagging feeling that you have left something out.
I know I have done this and I know many other people who have done the same.
It can happen when really important information gets left off such as the links you want your subscribers to click or the date or time that a particular event is taking place.
In these situations having some sort of template or guide can prove very useful and answering the five “W” questions may be a good place to start.
The questions are:
- Who? – Who will benefit from this email? Who are you looking to target?
- What? – What are the main points you want to get across? Make sure you cover tham all. What action would you like your subscribers to take after they have read your email.
- Where? – Where is the action taking place? Is there a physical venue you need to mention or a specific URL you want to direct people to?
- When? – Is the material time sensitive or is there a deadline or a specific date you must mention in the email?
- Why? – Why are you writing this now? Why is your offer so good right now or why should your subscriber take the action you want them to take?
Obviously you don’t have to stick to this formula or always cover all the points mentioned but remembering the five “W” questions can act as a good starting point to ensure that the main points get covered each and every time.