From time to time the question arises which goes something like:
“What should I do about people who unsubscribe from my list?”.
So let me throw the question back at you…what should you do when people unsubscribe from your list?
Here are some possible things you could do:
- thank them for being on your list and say goodbye
- thank them for being on your list and ask them if they are really sure they want to leave
- point out that they have just unsubscribed and hint that they really must have made some terrible mistake and should come back right now
- bribe them to come back with some free gift or other
- plead with them to come back because, well just because
- ignore them, they have left already.
Personally I would do the last one and that is the recommended response of the entire Rocket Responder team.
Put it like this. They dumped you. Let them go and move on.