Why email subject lines are so important: I can’t stress enough how important the email subject line is to your entire message.
Remember it is either your best friend or your worst enemy. At best it will encourage people to open your email and find out what you have to say. At worst it will prompt your subscriber to hit the “delete” key and possibly even the unsubscribe button too.
So I thought this would be a cool thing to do. Every so often I will take a smattering of emails that I have received…share the subject lines with you and let you know what I think of them.
Maybe you will agree with me. Maybe not. However the whole point of this is to get you to think carefully about the subject line each time you send out a RocketResponder email.
So here is today’s list to get started:
- FREE 12 Dollars! Free Traffic and More Cash! – Using two exclamation marks and shouting out the word free makes this look just a little too desperate to get my attention. I would have opened it just to see what it was all about but I am already thinking: “Nobody just hands out $12 at random so what do I have to do to get my “FREE 12 bucks.”
- Patrick Did You Check Out Click My Offers Yet? – Well actually, now that you come to think of it, I don’t think I did. I like this subject line. It is personal and engaging. I go to my inbox and here is a question for me to answer. Now I am thinking that maybe I should at least check out these offers to see what they are. I would open this email.
- Building Residual Traffic & Commission
s is simple – This is the opposite of the last one – generic and totally unengaging. If I had the time I might open this email but I would probably actually leave it in my inbox “for later” and then just delete it when I got bored of still seeing it after a few hours.
Give Away Lead Generating Systems & Get R I C H – Generic and off putting. Spelling out the word “rich” like that and putting it in capitals makes me think the sender is trying to get around spam filters. I would not open this one.
- Patrick Join Us in The Womens Lounge – As I am not a woman I think I may give this one a miss.
- New Gpt Site – I have no idea what a Gpt Site is so if I don’t understand the subject line I certainly won’t open the email. (Ok so being a curious kind of person I had to look it up – Gpt stands for “Get Paid To…”) However it is best to avoid this kind of shorthand in subject lines unless you are absolutely certain that your readers will understand it too.
OK that’s it for this month – I will be back with another selection of email subject lines next month.