Email marketing techniques: Some people, far too many people, use their autoresponder as nothing more than a selling tool…but this is a huge mistake.
We all love buying stuff but we hate it when we are told over and over again: “Buy my stuff. Go on buy my stuff now. Buy it.”
Yes of course use RocketResponder to sell more items to your customers – that is a vital part of any business. Repeat custom should be one of your main goals but use your autoresponder to do much more than sell.
So what else can you do…well it is time to become the teacher and here’s how:
- If you own your own program or programs – in theory you should know more about your own products than anybody else so why not compose a short series of, say six, emails giving some cool tips and tricks on getting the most out of your programs.
- If you are an affiliate – make sure you know the program or programs you promote in depth and do the same email series as described above.
- You have an offline business – an autoresponder can be a dream come true to you. You can use an email series to promote your hottest sellers or a new range you have just got in. Again don’t just go for the “buy my stuff” approach but educate, inform and excite your subscribers about the items you are describing.
- Build up hype – whether you are online or offline you can build up hype and excitement for a new program you are launching or a hot new product that will be coming soon. Tell people how the product can transform some aspect of their lives, how it will benefit them and why they can’t miss out on getting their hands on it
- Offer support – so you know that a certain program or product comes with a learning curve and that the same questions crop up time and time again? Answer these questions in a series of autoresponder messages for your customers and they will think you are reading their minds. Awesome.
Have fun with your autoresponder and use it to let your subscribers know that you care about them and don’t just want their money. That way everybody wins.