Email marketing is a no brainer. Building a strong and responsive list is usually ‘step number 1‘ for almost every affiliate marketer and online business.
Simply put, it’s not up for debate…You need to be building your list.
Somehow though, we seem to talk ourselves out of it.
We are our own worst enemy when it comes to talking ourselves out of practicing habits that could pay huge dividends down the road. Embracing email marketing is one of those fantastic habits we should be doing…Every day!
Here’s some of my observations over the years on how we talk ourselves out of embracing email marketing…How many do you see yourself doing?
1. I’m Not Good At Writing Emails – Guess what? Only a few select human beings are ‘born’ with the natural ability of being a great writer. For the rest of us, it’s a learned skill. And it’s done by trial and error. It’s done by actually WRITING more emails. I started writing emails in the early 2000’s and have been doing so since, and by no means am I what people would consider ‘a great writer’…However, I keep writing, I keep learning and I keep at it to be better every single day.
2. People Hate Getting Emails – Correction, people hate getting GARBAGE emails. They do appreciate a tip or two. They also enjoy hearing about your new content or services that you are offering. I know I appreciate hearing from the list owners I subscribe to when they talk to me like a real human being and not just another ‘name on their list’. Simply put – People LOVE getting the RIGHT emails!
3. Email Marketing Is Expensive – Well, that depends on what service you use 🙂 For example, email marketing here at Rocket Responder is about as affordable as it gets. And the best part, while other auto responder services start to charge you more as your lists grow, we are one fee, every month regardless of whether you have 500 people on your mailing list or 500,000. It’s the same price, every month. Email marketing doesn’t need to be expensive, you just need to find a good home that delivers the goods and doesn’t break your bank!
4. I Have Way Too Many Things To Worry About, Email Takes Time – You know what the best thing is about your email marketing and choosing a service like Rocket Responder? It’s powerful and can be 100% automated. The true power of an email marketing auto responder is found in the ability to set messages up to go out when you want. Anytime you want. To any list you want. You can tailor make your emails to go out when you need them to, and leave more time for you to focus on other aspects of your business. That’s actually what auto responders were originally designed to do, create automation for your email communication. Set up a solid autoresponder series and let the system do the heavy lifting for you!
5. I Have Nothing To Send An Email About – This could be the number one excuse. More marketers have told me over the years that they don’t know what to actually send their subscribers and don’t even bother trying to draft a message at all. Here’s just a few things you could write about and if you did some creative thinking, I’m sure the list would grow every day. You could write about content you have found online that is helpful. Maybe news about your product or service. Is their industry announcements that you feel they could benefit from learning about? How about an experience you had that translated into a life lesson everyone could benefit from? Did you make a new blog post? Are you having a sale or promotion? What about your plans for the month or quarter? You see, coming up with things to write about and let your subscribers know about is the easy part!
6. I Only Have A Few People On My List, It Barely Grows – I have maintained for years that you need to focus on 3 subscribers not 3000. And what I mean by that is the popular myth that you need a massive list to be considered a success is bogus. Here’s the truth, you need an ACTIVE list to be a success. And active lists are not limited to 3000 or 30000 people. Grow your list daily by engaging them and giving great content, the more they feel like you respect them, the more ‘active’ they become. And when you have active subscribers, the world opens up for you. I’ll take an active list of 100 over a dead list of 10,000 any day.
Don’t wait another day to start building your list! Be sure to test drive Rocket Responder today for a full month at absolutely no cost. Once you start seeing for yourself how powerful this form of communication and marketing can be, you’ll be hooked!