In any business, a steady stream of clients and customers is needed to fuel success. In real estate and many other small businesses, keeping this pipeline full requires maintaining contact with those who have conducted business with you in the past, while also finding a way to generate new business. If this type of lead generation is not done consistently, it cannot provide the consistent results that you need for your business to grow and thrive. The problem, however, is finding the time for daily lead generation. If you are struggling to find time to consistently generate new business, these tips will show you the power of a simple email and how you can use it as a secret weapon to breathe new life into your business.
No Spam Allowed
Email marketing has gotten a bad rap as a marketing method due to spam and this has made many real estate brokers and other business people shy away. However, email is a lighting fast method of communication that is ideally suited for the real estate market. Using email effectively means creating email marketing messages that are targeted, timely and valuable to the receiver. To do this, you need to first understand your market and then utilize an email delivery system that will effortlessly send specific messages to a specific client or group of clients in an instant. Think about the lead generation possibilities if you could instantly:
- send an email to all the neighbors in a subdivision or neighborhood when one of the homes is listed for sale, goes under contract, or closes
- send an email to all prospective buyers in your database for a specific type of home when you list one or one shows up in the MLS as a new listing
- send an email on June 1st of each year to families with kids in your database that includes a list of area activities and tips to keep kids busy, safe and entertained during summer vacation
- send annual “anniversary of the sale” messages to past clients with current comps and MLS data to illustrate the market and any changes to the value of their home
- send a periodic newsletter with local market statistics, community news and useful tips for home buyers, sellers and owners
- send an immediate, informative reply to an email from a new prospect or a current or past client
- send property details and availability information immediately to a new prospect inquiring about a listing
This list is just a small example of the many ways in which email can be used as an effective tool to provide information to new prospects, as well as current and past clients. As a bonus, because the information you provide is targeted to their needs, they will likely share it with friends, family and acquaintances, creating additional prospects for you.
Maintaining Freedom to Run Your Business
The best part of all this is that an email marketing system, such as RocketResponder, becomes effortless. You can set up periodic emails that go out automatically, as well as target one of more clients with a specific, pre-written email message at the touch of a button, leaving you and your staff free to handle the daily business of building your success. Invest a moment today to find out more about how you can use RocketResponder to make your email into a secret weapon that helps you blow your competitors out of the water.