Getting through spam filters is tough these days. And rightfully so, the amount of unwanted emails that flood into your customers inbox is overwhelming to say the least. However what happens when you actually want to receive the emails but your email provider and host filters them into the spam folder?
Not to worry, here is a quick ‘cheat sheet’ on how to white list your emails and make sure you get them delivered to your inbox!
Step 1 – Make sure you add the email address you are expecting to receive the emails from, to your list of contacts. This helps your provider know that these are emails that actually matter to you. This is more likely then not, the most important step in the process.
Step 2 – If the email you wanted ended up in spam, be sure to mark it as ‘Not Spam’. Again, we are working with our email host to let them know what we consider spam and what we consider legitimate emails.
Step 3 – You can also create filters of your own to help guide the emails coming in to whatever folder you would like. Let’s say for example you would like to receive email updates from Rocket Responder. Here’s the step by step process on how to do that, we will be using an example from one of the more popular email providers in the world (Gmail) but steps will be almost identical for other providers;
1. Find the Settings tab on the top of your Gmail account.
2. Click on Filters and then Create New Filter – You can name the Filter whatever you wish to help manage your emails.
3. Enter the domain name of the email you want to whitelist in the From field (Ex. rocketresponder.com)
4. And then click Create filter with this search
5. In the box headed When a message arrives that matches this search select Never send it to spam
6. And then….We’re done after you click ‘Create Filter‘
When you get into the habit of doing this for all emails you WANT to receive you actually help email senders get better sender scores. This tells the providers that what you are receiving in legit email and that you not only opted into receiving the emails but you actually WANT them as well.
Follow these steps to white list the emails you receive and email marketing continues to be the highest converting form of communication online!